I've been catching up on all my blog subscriptions that have to do with home and office décor and I'm beginning to think that our house and my office look BLAAAH. Seriously. Especially our house... I feel like it's too GRAY and it needs a boost of color. I tried adding SOME color by buying these salmon colored pillows from Cost Plus (I LOVE that place!), but I feel like the house needs more COLOR, I just don't know HOW to do it..... I wish I could be creative and just use more color without being SAFE by looking so Crate and Barrel-ish or Pottery Barn-ish where the look is too classic... I mean, I know it's good to BE classic, because you don't get bored with the look... But still... I just want the house to look... I don't know... Different... Unique....
And my office... UGGGH. I've TRIED adding color... Colorful pens, colorful manila folders, colorful post it notes, colorful thumbtacks, EVERYTHING... But it's not working!! I just CAN'T get my office space to look COOL... Or at least like those in Apartment Therapy, etc. Am I just not creative enough?
I think I just need to put together a portfolio of images I see online of how I want my office and house to look like..... Something where I can store my ideas... And then maybe I can create a list of things to do/get to make my office/our house look colorful and cool..... Already, I've bought a desktop calendar (from Michelle Brusegaard's Etsy!) so that'll add some color to my office =) I just need to think of more ideas......
Anyone got ideas??????
3 comments:
I read in magazine that you should decorate your office the way you want your house to be or somewhat like your house. You spend 8 hours/day in your office so you want it to be as comfortable and nice. One suggestion is to put a nice rug.I was thinking about doing that to add color to my boring cube.
You have an office?!! Sweet!
have you tried artwork? really bold, colorful artwork would work really well!
Post a Comment