Good News: I'm getting a $500 bonus.
Bad News: My crown for the root canal will cost me $500.
Good News: I'm back home.
Bad News: I'm back at work.
Good News: I'll be leaving for Spain in a week and a half.
Bad News: I have a lot of work to get done in a week and a half.
Yes, I'm back at work. Technically, I've BEEN working because I was at a conference the past two days, but still... being at the conference WORKING is totally different (and better) than being stuck in the office doing the usual. I do have to say that after attending the conference, I've taken a higher appreciation of the industry that I'm in - healthcare. Although I may not be super content with the actual work I do on a daily basis, I like knowing what goes on in healthcare and the politics that go behind it. The last session that I went to was a panel of presidents from the CA Hospital Assoc., CA Assoc. of Health Plans, CA Assoc. of Phyisican Groups and CA Medical Association. They all talked about the healthcare reform bill that failed early this year and about the state budget. I always love hearing about what goes in the capitol cuz I think it's like a freakin soap opera! All the politics that goes on just to freakin get a State budget passed let alone bills is just INSANE!!
Anyway, this week and a half is gonna be CAH-RAZY... Not just with work, but with life AFTER work... parties, relatives from Chicago visiting, and just prepping up for our 2 week trip... OH, not to mention, trying to cram in Breaking Dawn that I'm trying to finish before the trip (I don't want to bring that heavy ass book to Spain, haha)!!! There's so little time to do so much stuff!!!! Aaaahhh!
Don't mind me if I'm a little scatter-brained.
1 comment:
welcome back!
Post a Comment