8/11/2008

Weekend in SF

ArtOfficial
Last Friday, we took my cousin from DC to check out this hip-hop/jazz band called ArtOfficial at Pier 23.... They were frikkin TIGHT!!! I'd never really heard this kind of music before so it was pretty cool to listen to LIVE. They're from Miami and so Kevin recommended to watch this band to a group of folks who then recommended me to bring my cousin to this shin-dig.... Unfortunately, the bar was kinda empty... Probably a total of 20 people inside, but whatever.. Listening to the band was worth paying the $10 cover. We even bought a CD!!! I'll definitely be checking them out again if they ever come back to tour in the bay area!!

Poleng
Before checking out ArtOfficial, we went to Poleng for dinner. All I can say is YUMMMMMMMM.... I'm definitely coming back here for happy hour. Their crispy adobo wings are OFF THE HOOK yummy and just everything else is delicious!! We had the BBQ Pork Belly, Sweet potatoe fries with banana catsup, Sisig, Kinilaw, Papaya Salad, Calamari, Crispy Fried adobo wings.... OH mun. My mouth is just watering as I'm typing. I definitely suggest going to this place if you're trying to introduce a non-Filipino friend to Filipino food because the ambience is nice and the food is good. The only thing that tripped me out was the fact that they didn't have San Miguel... whaaaat?! You'd think that if they had ALL that Filipino food, they'd have San Miguel or Tanduay.. whaaat?! JK with the Tanduay.. Still though... And hella selections of tea -- is that even a Filipino thing??? I know MY family doesn't drink tea... Oh well.. I've marked this spot as one my fave restaurants in the bay for sure...

Flight OO1

I found this website a while back and just recently, Jeff told me they had a store in Hayes Valley; so on Sunday we went to check it out!! What an AWESOME STORE of hella cool unneccessary stuff!! Hahaha... I loved it. Hella knick knacks for traveling... and just cool things that I guess aren't really UNNeccessary; just more cool looking and expensive. They had cool bags for storing laundry in your luggage, cool toiletry bags, books on traveling, cool pillbox cases.. and just STUFF... For a small ass store, we spent a long time just looking at EVERYTHING... I was so tempted to buy sooo much stuff, but because it was hella expensive in there, I limited myself to one purchase...I'll definitely be checking on-line for any sales before our trip to Europe!!!

Modern Tea

A while back when I was searching for tea places, I came across this tea place called Modern Tea online... It wasn't what I was looking for, but it looked like a cool spot to check out one day... WELL, lucky for us, this place happened to be in the same area as Flight 001!! The tea list was very extensive, but the lunch and dessert menu was very limited. Jason had the chicken chowder and I had the TBLT (tilapia bacon lettuce tomatoe) sandwich. BOTH WERE YUMMY. We were really satisfied with our food and our tea was good, too!! We had the yunnan and it went really well with milk and sugar =) It's not a place where you could get really full.. but it's a good place to snack, have tea, and enjoy the cute restaurant that it is!! Maybe the next time we got to Flight OO1, we'll stop by Modern Tea again!

1 comment:

Rizzi said...

Hapy hour - 25 cent fried adobo wings!