It took me awhile, but I finished it! Queen of Babble In the Big City is the sequel to Queen of Babble. If you like Confessions of a Shopaholic, you'll like Meg Cabot's writing, although I think she might even be better because there are no random British words/slang. To be honest, this book isn't as good as the first, but it definitely has me excited to read the third book!! The book is about this girl, Lizzie Nichols, who tries to make something of herself in the big city, NYC. She's all into vintage fashion and restoring vintage wedding gowns, so in between chapters are snippets of advice on finding the right wedding dress... Makes me wish I read this before I got married! It's very funny, just because Lizzie's thoughts are hella random...and she hella likes to think far ahead, like marriage when she's only been with her man for like a three months... It's definitely an easy read for the summer.
Other books I'm reading.....
Go Ask Alice -- The author is anonymous, but it's a real diary of a teenage girl who gets addicted to meth... It's pretty good so far. It's my bedside book, for when I'm too lazy to get the book that I'm currently reading in my bag, hahaha.
LAMB, by Christopher Moore -- I found this book in Vegas and it is off the hook! It's about this guy, Biff, who's been asked to write an additional gospel to the bible; basically his version of when he was bestfriends with Jesus when they were young kids. It's the story that's "never been told" in the Bible cuz there aren't really any stories of Jesus when he was a little kid... It's freakin funny... Kinda makes me wish I had more time to read it, but everytime I pick this up... guaranteed self giggles for sure... It's nothing like I've ever read before, so I'm excited to read Moore's work and possibly more of his other books in the future!
Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri -- This book has been my bathroom book FOREVER and finally I've made a dent in it... This was what I was reading in between finishing Queen of Babble in the Big City and finding Lamb. It's actually pretty good.. It's a serious book and it's short stories, so it's easy to put it down and pick it back up after not reading it for hella days (that's why it's in the bathroom). I have a few more short stories to read, but so far it's been a quick read. In my opinion though, I think Lahiri's other book, Namesake, is better...
1 comment:
I should read this book. ;)
Post a Comment