DO NOT GO HERE.
We decided to go to Korean Palace since it was next to Crossroads in San Jo. BOY did we make a BAD decision. We were actually forewarned because we yelped the place prior to going and it was only rated 3 stars, but we went there anyway, considering it was just right next door (and another Korean BBQ place nearby was $25 pp, hella bones for lunch!). We should've taken Yelp's advice. Sorry Yelp. Sorry US.
So we go in, it's like practically empty and we get seated by who I think is the owner; some old man, probably in his 60's or 70's. Anyway, we get seated with menus and Jas and I both decide we want the lunch special for Galbi - $9.95. The owner comes up to us to take our order, and I point to him that we want the Galbi lunch special... He doesn't say anything, but he gives me this look like they're not offering the lunch special... So I'm like, "Are you guys not offering the lunch special?" And again, he doesn't say anything, he just mumbles and nods... I took the nodding to mean that "yeah, we can offer the lunch special to you...". It was only 1 p.m. WHY wouldn't the lunch special be offered????? So to reiterate (while pointing at the menu) I say, "OK, we want two lunch specials of the Galbi, then."
Well, like 5-10 minutes later, one of the waitresses comes up to us and says, "I'm sorry, we don't offer the lunch special on Sundays, so we're going to serve you one Galbi dinner for $23.95." I was like WTH? I told her that wasn't what the old man said... I told her that I even asked him specifically if they offered the lunch special, and he didn't say nothing!!!! Then I asked her if we could choose something else... and she said "Well, we're already cooking the Galbi" pretty much saying, we don't have much of a choice... OH HELL NAH... I told her, "We wouldn't have ordered Galbi if we knew there was no lunch special..." I mean, what the hell? How are you gonna tell us there is no lunch special AFTER they started cooking the Galbi, then tell us you'll charge us MORE, and then pretty much tell us we have no other option BUT to eat the Galbi because they're already cooking it????? LAME.... POOR customer service is all I can say... No wonder it was empty.
Anyway, after much complaining, she finally said she would charge us 2 lunch specials for Galbi... She said it would be what they would make for 1 Galbi dinner but split in two...So we were like fine whatever. Jason said to just stay and eat there, but personally if it were up to me, I would've just LEFT. It wasn't the money aspect of it and the fact that they were going to charge us $23.95 instead of $20... It was more about how they freakin handled the whole situation... It was ALL WRONG. AND... Who knows if we would've gotten more if it were a regular lunch? Anyway, I don't care at this point, because I'm DEFINITELY never coming back to this joint.
2 comments:
1/2 star.
oh man! i hoped they didn't spit on your guys' food. That's really annoying.
Post a Comment