I've recently acquired this habit of buying Starbucks coffee in the morning on my way to work. I used to just go to Starbucks on Fridays as a treat, but now I'm finding that I go at least 3 times a week. In the beginning, it was fine, because I was using a giftcard that I received for my birthday, but now that it's used up, I KNOW that I can no longer keep this ritual... It's just getting way to expensive for me; granted that I only spend like $2 every time I go, it STILL ADDS up.
Before this habit, I would drink coffee at work... and before that, I would make coffee at home before work. That was when I had my old coffeemaker and it worked out fine. Since then, we've gotten a new coffeemaker from the wedding... one that I registered for and did not do research on. ANYWAY, it's a fairly expensive coffeemaker and I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL. It's a Cuisinart coffeemaker and it's really cool cuz you can automatically grind your coffeebeans for brewing, but there are just several things I don't like about it.
1. You can't see how much water you're putting in from the outside. The measuring lines are INSIDE the maker, so you gotta look from the top in to see exactly how much water your putting in (unless you actually use measuring cups to determine how much water your putting in which I think is helluv a hassle). Being that I'm vertically challenged, this is irritating. I gotta either get a stool or step on my cabinets to see how much water I'm putting in. Hella efforts, especially if your stool is not close by.
2. Everytime you use the coffeemaker, you gotta clean the built-in filter, and this would be a hassle to do if I decide to program my coffeemaker to brew every morning. This isn't so big of a problem because even though theres a built in filter I could just buy disposable filters and use it on top of the built in one.
3. The carafe doesn't pour out coffee well... Or at least it didn't for me this morning. Maybe it's only because I made 4 cups, but still.... I shouldn't be struggling to get coffee out of the carafe.
I really miss my cheapy coffeemaker, but I gave that to my mom and I don't want to take it back from her cuz that's just wrong. I also don't want to switch with her because I don't want the gift giver to see that I've given the gift to my mom, hahaha.... On the weekends, I use my coffeepress, but on the weekends, I need something I can program, so maybe I'll just research a few coffeemakers to see what works best.
I'm so dumb for just scanning on whatever looked like was the coolest coffeemaker at Crate and Barrel (when registering)... Freakin serves me right.
If anyone has suggestions on coffeemakers, especially for someone who is the only person that drinks coffee in the house, let me know!
1 comment:
dude...i have this coffeemaker and love it! LOL
but you should get those Keurig systems...brews one cup at a time!
Post a Comment