5/29/2008

Joy's Reviews

The Next Thing on My List
The Next Thing on My List is a great book. It's a quick read and it has a great story line. It's very heartfelt and funny at the same time. The book is about this girl (don’t worry I won't give away the ending) who gets into a car accident and her passenger, Marisa Jones, doesn't survive. She feels super guilty for her death and decides to complete Marisa's list of 20 things that she would've done had she been alive for her 25th birthday... Anyway, the book is all about her completing the list and learning more about herself as she completes it. It's a good book! I'd probably rate it a 4.75 out of 5 stars just cuz the ending threw me off a bit, hahaha. I won't give it away though...

Shoe Addicts Anonymous

Good book. Definitely an easy read, but I would probably give it a 4 out of 5 just cuz in the beginning it was getting too materialistic for me...Just constantly hearing about their passion for designer shoes and the lengths they would go to to spend hundreds of dollars for a pair of shoes... Towards the middle as you figure out each character in the book, it gets better, because it focuses not so much on their shoe fetish but more on their life and how being in this Shoe Addicts Anonymous group creates a strong bond between 4 friends who never really had girlfriends before... It's pretty good and it's a great ending! There's apparently a sequel coming out on this book in June, so I'm definitely going to read that!

Cocktails for Three

I'm currently reading Cocktails for Three, by Madeline Wickham, also known as Sophie Kinsella, the author of Confessions of a Shopaholic. So far it's good, but it starts off with the three women getting together for cocktails, which ok yah, sounds normal... But one of them is actually pregnant! Not only is she drinking, she's around one of the ladies who is smoking right there! WTH? HELLA NOT an environment for a lady who is due in like a few weeks....The story is about these three ladies who have a secret to tell throughout the book... That's all I know so far. I'm probably 20 pages in and so far it's ehh..... It's currently scoring at a 3, so we'll see as the story progresses... To be continued.

Yes, I'm back from vacation, back to work and back to reality... So much CRAP to take care of... Termites, traffic school, work, etc.... UGGH. I already want ANOTHER vacation! Hahaha....

1 comment:

Edelee said...

Yes! Next thing was really good! I have to agree with you, the ending was very unexpected which made it really good! So glad you liked it!