I tried escargot on the cruise for the first AND LAST time... It was drenched in butter and garlic so I figured what the heck, might as well try it. It ain't like I'm gonna pay to try it anywhere else! Art tried it first and he said it pretty much had the texture of shrimps.. it wasn't slimy, like how they usually are when they're crawling on the ground.. uggh... So that's what I thought when I slowly put it in my mouth..."think shrimp, think shrimp, think shrimp..." And I did... up until I was in the middle of chewing, and then I started thinking about snails and I just got grossed out.. Not only that, but when I picked it up, it was hella BLACK so it hella brought back visions of snails in my mind!! It didn't look black from top cuz it was drenched in butter... UGGH! Anyway, as far as taste, it wasn't THAT bad... but it wasn't like it was SUPER tasty that visions of snails would disappear in my mind. At least I tried it! If I can try snails, I should be able to try oysters!! That'll be my goal for this year...
Here's a pic from the cruise with me and my goddaughters as the wind is blowing from the top deck. I look nasty but my nieces are SUPER CUTE... They were THE highlight of my trip - just hanging out with them. It was awesome seeing them so excited at the musicals, theme parks and just being in the presence of a Disney character. It was awesome hanging out with Laila (on the left). I don't get to see her that much because she lives in Chicago... but I think after spending 7 whole days with her, I think she's figured out that I'm her Ninang. Yay!
2 comments:
Omg girl! You're missing out! Oysters are the best! If you're worried about texture, try them well done. If you try them raw first, you'll think it's hella nasty. LOL Try lemon & soy sauce as a dipping sauce or lemon & tabasco. Both are hella good! Good luck!
OMG, i never told you..... I ate an oyster for the first time last week when we went to Napa!
Post a Comment