OH.... MUN....
What did I get myself into.
So, I went to my very first choir practice on Wednesday ... and I don't know what I was expecting... but when I got there, everyone was seriously like 30+ years older than me.. And for sure the majority are more like 50+ years older than me. I totally felt out of place because I was like 3 generations younger AND everyone all kinda knew each other. There were some people who made the effort to talk to me and I didn't totally feel completely out of place because of them. And really, granted they were all a lot older, they were all kinda fun.. The Lolos cracking jokes while the musical director kept telling them to shush, haha. It was funny.
Anyway, I don't know what I was thinking with the music either.. I thought I'd know every song or whatever.... but, hahaha. BOY, was I wrong! They were reading sheet music and everything and I was getting HELLA lost. I really need to go back to the basics and refresh my memory on notes, and the length of each note or whatever. And breathing in between... MUN. I'm so out of it, when it comes to the technicality in singing. WHICH is why I'm actually glad that I'm in the choir, cuz I actually get to have some kind of a singing lesson (when it comes to breathing, tempo, and reading music).
I'm definitely the one in the choir that sings low so you can't hear, hahahaha.... We'll see how it goes. Like Snaji says, "all that matters is that your singing for the Lord." True that. So I'm gonna try my best to commit and participate!
No comments:
Post a Comment