12/14/2007

Pen Pals

Back in highschool, our colorguard paired up with another colorguard from down south so that we would each have Pen Pals and every year at Championships, we would see them and meet up with them and catch up. It was really cool. My pen pal was Nadine from Indio Highschool. We wrote to each other ALL THE TIME... She probably even knows my whole life story with Jason! After colorguard and throughout college and even afterwards, we continued to write. Not as often as we used, but we at least kept in contact at least once a year... I even attended her wedding 4 years ago!! Well, since then we lost touch... I lost her address and wasn't able to get a hold of her. I was even bummed out that I couldn't get a hold of her to invite her to our wedding since we went to hers AND since she knew my history with Jason.... I guess I probably could've googled for her, but I just didn't think to make that effort....So yeah - it's been about 4 years since I last talked or seen her...

The reason why I'm writing about her is because a few days ago, she sent me a Christmas card!!! I was sooooo happy! Now that we have e-mail we can totally keep in touch.. And hopefully if me and Jason are ever down South we could visit her... It was great to hear from her and to catch up... It's always NICE to talk with old friends and see how life is going for them... Hopefully, NOW with e-mail and AIM we won't ever lose touch!

No comments: