11/13/2007

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday MARK!!!

and Happy Belated Birthday to Lani! (Nov. 11)

So last Sunday I used the cliche "to the t" and Jason was like "I bet you don't even know where 'to the t' came from." Trying to be a smart ass, I said "uh-huh...it means it's perfect, to the last letter of the word PERFECT. That totally came out of my ass, hahaha.. Jason said it came from the British when everything had to be perfect when having TEA.. OH MUN. The thoughts. So being curious and having the capability to google on Jason's Iphone, I tried to find the derivation of "to the t"... Turns out it's actually "to a tee" and not "to THE t" and neither of our guesses were right. I didn't even really find anything that had an exact explanation of where it came from cuz apparently no one doesn't really know???? They know it came from the 17th century, right around the time when the T-instrument was invented...They (meaning the world wide web) also think it could've come from "to the tittle" which also means "to the dot"... So yeah - so much for that. I guess we'll never know where it REALLY came from. I like my definition though, haha. It's better than saying it came from British Tea!!! LOL!

No comments: