My parents are off to Hawaii! For my mom's birthday gift, I got her a trip to Hawaii with the exception that she had to pay for Dad's share of the airfare. Initially it was supposed to be my mom and I, or at least SHE wanted it to be just us 2.. But I thought it would be a good idea for them to go, just them two, since Hawaii is a romantic place to be!! Ever since I got her her ticket, she was buggin to have me go.. Luckily, I had the excuse of saying that I had to be at work because my boss was gone for vacation, which was sort of half true, because my boss probably wouldn't have cared if I went to Hawaii or not. So for a while now, I've felt a little guilty for not going.... It would've been a perfect opportunity to go to Hawaii just us 3 before getting married, you know.. but GOSH, they do need to figure out LIFE without me... This trip to Hawaii is seriously going to be their first trip, just them two... No one to guide them, whatsoever.. And they've been used to either having me guide them or family guide them... I just feel so bad... Oh well.. Hopefully, this will get them to travel more and to explore more.. At least my mom will have fulfilled her dream to see New York and Hawaii all in one year.... My fear was for her to not have a chance to see both those places in her lifetime, so I'm glad she's actually making it happen instead of continuing to say, "I wish I could go __________".
Honeymoon
Believe it or not, (when you combine our mileage points together) Jason and I are only a few thousand away from accruing 2 FREE Tickets to GREECE. And you know how much mileage points they cost? 50 friggin thousand miles!!! GEEZ. HECCA!! So yeah, we'll be able to use my points and get free tickets.. Not sure how much its going to make a dent on the honeymoon expense cuz I actually looked in hotels in Greece and they're at least $150+ a night!! DAYAM... TOO MUCH!! Times that by 14 days and we've got a cost that we for sure did NOT budget in our Wedding costs spreadsheet. hahha.. GEEZ. So we'll see what happens with that.. We ain't set in stone with our location. Greece was just a thought... So we'll see...
2 comments:
Hey! You can visit the spot where that girl in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants went when she went to Greece! That's so our movie!
DUDE!! you can hella visit that place! that place is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Post a Comment