I tried to get on blogger at work, and its now blocked.... First gmail chat, now this? DAMN! Oh well, it wasn't like I was updating my blog at work anyway...
Medical Mysteries
I watched this show last night and OH MUN, its friggin CRAZY! There were two diseases I learned about that I never knew existed and wouldn't have even believed, had I not seen this show.
1. TMAU -- Apparently this a sickness or disease where you smell like DEAD FISH. It comes out of your pores, your breathe, etc. It has something to do with having high levels of _________ that is also in fish... Crazy huh? They were interviewing two people who had TMAU and how they cope with it which is basically having a strict diet. Funny and sad at the same time.
When I saw these two girls with TMAU, I thought what other disease could be more wierd than that... and to my surprise, there was even another sickness just as crazy.....
2. Foreign Accent Syndrome -- I swear to you, I AM NOT LYING when I tell you that there is a syndrome called Foreign Accent Syndrome.. hahaha... It's where you one day wake up and all of a sudden have an accent! WHUUUUUUUT.... hahahah. I shouldn't laugh because there are at least 2 people that have had this syndrome, but at the same time its soooooo unbelievable! And both of the people they interviewed had an accent that was as mix of German/Russian/French/etc. CRAZY. One of them actually got the FAS from having a stroke.. He was later examined by a doctor (who also at first didn't believe it.. hahaha) and after doing studies of the man, the man was able to talk normal again... It wasn't because the doctor helped him but while doing studies on him, he was able to see that the brain was basically re-wiring itself to let him talk normal again... complicated.. but in the end he was back to normal.... SO WIERD... Like what if you woke up one day and had a middle easterm accent? Or a Chinese accent? WHUUUT.
No comments:
Post a Comment