Happy Anniversary to me!
Today marks the 2nd year of my career here at this hospital. And what that means is more PTO and a pay raise! Whoohoo!
I'm Back
What an exhausting 5 day weekend. First went to Norfolk, drove 2 hours to North Carolina, then drove 2 hours in NC to sightsee. The next day, drove 5 hours to Washington D.C. Then drove another hour to Baltimore. Every day I had to wake up 5 a.m. which really meant 2 a.m. Pacific Time. UGGH. I totally feel like I need to take some PTO from taking PTO! Once I've finished a couple things here at work, I'm going to take a day off to do absolutely nothing. I need a day of nothing so that I can feel sane. Cuz right now is straight chaos!
Vacay
Highlights
*Sand dunes in NC. It was awesome. I'll show pictures, but they definitely don't do justice. Who would've thought I could see sand dunes in NC.. I thought I had to go to Dubai for that!
*Seeing my cousin get married.. As his wife walked down the aisle, he sang her a song. So sweet.
*Seeing the Lincoln Memorial and the reflecting pool.
*I finished the sequel to "A Million Little Pieces"! It's called "My Friend Leonard". If you liked "A Million Little Pieces" you'll like this one. He writes the same.. It was good and a fast read! I read it just as quick as Da Vinci Code!
Lowlights
*Having to wake up hella early in the morning.
*Uncomfortable sleeps. We stayed at my cousins friend's house in Baltimore and they had the AC on in the middle of the night. It was freakin freezing that I couldn't go to sleep AT ALL.
*Being in the middle of nowhere (Windsor, NC).. the closest store is WalMart thats like 30 minutes away and the closest mall is like 1 1/2 hours.
*5 hour travels to Washington D.C.
But HEEY! I got my magnets! (It's what I collect everytime I travel to some place new).
Wedding Update
There is none. hahaha... Still gotta find a place. Sucks cuz we're limited to spots that hold HELLA folks. We're expecting a guest list of 400-450.. OH MUN. That's what we get for 2 big families, and me being the only daughter.. I know it means that we can't have our DREAM wedding, but its okay, as long as the people that we want there will be there to help us celebrate .. and the people we want there is probably about 300... hahaha...
Date?
We wanted 7/7/07, but we're still looking.. So far, places we've checked have been booked for 7/7/07, so now it may not be an option anymore.... I think I'm kinda over 7/7/07 though. June 9, 2006 also falls on a Saturday and that happens to be Lolo Pepe and Lola Aida's anniverary (Jason's grandparents who were together for 70 years) and Jason's parents anniversary.. Crazy?! To me, that holds more sentimental value than a cool date like 7/7/07.. We'll see.
2 comments:
i am 99% sure that melinda and art's wedding is also on 7/7/07
GREAT....
WOW.. that means they've been engaged for a while, or will be..
So I guess June 9 then.
Post a Comment