So we did our first eye spy eval!! Our budget was $60 and we had to order 1 appetizer or dessert, 2 drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic, and 2 entrees. So we got 2 entrees (Jason - lasagna, Me - Rigatoni Bolognese), 2 Italian beers and 1 dessert (Biscotti Sundae). It was pretty cool. Afterwards, once I got in the car, I started answering the questions and jotting down details so I wouldn't forget to write them down in my comments section. The eval report was pretty hard.. I started writing it at 10 p.m. while watching shows and I was able to finish by 1 a.m. It was hard... But you know what, it was worth it... I mean free food on a $60 budget... and you only have to do it once a month?! SCORE!! So yeah, the day after I turned in my eval, I was scheduled for another assignment. Same restaurant but different location. I don't mind it cuz the food is good there!! OH! And my ranking level increased! I have no idea how since I only did ONE eval, but it did... And when your ranking level increases, you get better (finer)restaurants.. So whoohoo!!
fri
DARMZ event #1
Planner - Dookie
Event - Whisper & Ling Nam afterwards
I have to admit I was a little weary about going to the club because I haven't been feelin the club lately.. but you know what, we all stuck together and had fun!! Despite waiting out in the cold and driving all the way to Pleasanton first, it was a fun first DARMZ event. OH, and Ling Nam was definitely my favorite part of the night. Mann, Tocilog is off the hook after clubbing.. hahaha..
Sat
No plans that day, except for Val's shindig in the city. We spent the day in Berkeley, doing Berkeley things... like going to Zachary's for lunch, going to Jeremy's for shopping... and then we watched "Punching In the Sun" at a theater in the Cal campus (Asian Film Festival). The movie was a low budget South Asian film. Afterwards the director and one of the actors showed up for Q&A. It was pretty interesting.... Afterwards, we ate at Tako Sush (our now fav sushi spot) and headed home... Straight food coma, and just tired from walking everywhere.. It was a good night. We ended up not making it out to the city for Val's because it was already hella late when we got out of Tako... Sorry Val!!
done
I'm done with "A Million Little Pieces". It was a good book.. Definitely up there for one of my top 10... Next book - The Kite Runner. I've heard good things about this book so I'm really excited to read it. I want to also read The Glass Castle, and I'm almost tempted to read it simultaneously with The Kite Runner, but I think that would be too much and it would probably get me stuck in not finishing either one... So one at a time...
1 comment:
no prob about not making it out to the party. shit, all of sean's drunk hippie white kid friends were hogging the magic mic... so off...
Post a Comment