3/01/2006

Ash Wednesday

So I went to church today for Ash Wednesday. It was crazy packed over at St. Annes which sort of surprised me, but whatever..I ended up standing because there were no seats left. Well, in front of me was this couple. Probably in their 40's. Fr. Baraan started his sermon and he talked about being faithful to God and then joked about being faithful to your spouse. Right when he made that comment, the husband hella stared at his wife. LIKE straight up stared down at her! I was thinkin... "ooh no.... maybe she cheated on him". He must've stared at her for a few minutes. Then after he hella just stared at her, he whispered something in her ear and she just ignored whatever he said. So whatever, I minded my own business. We got our ashes and after getting ashes, some people left which opened a few seats. Well, there was one seat open by us. And THIS FOOL, the husband, straight took the seat!! And no, he wasn't sickly, weak or had gout or whatever. He was perfectly fine. And he straight swooped the seat, without even asking his wife if she wanted to sit.. Instead, he left his wife hangin to stand for the rest of the mass. And there was like 45 minutes left! HELLA CRAZY. Call me old school, but WHAT HE SHOULD'VE DONE, was ask her if she wanted to sit down, and if she didn't want to for whatever reason, he should've asked the old lady right by her if she wanted to sit down.. NOT SWOOP ON IT and leave your wife hangin!! CRAZY ASS!! But whatever.. to each his own. Maybe he didn't give a f* after the priest lectured about being faithful to your spouse.. haha.

And YES, I was reflecting on GOD, while observing this.. hahahaha...

No comments: