2/07/2006

updates

neverending fly attacks
Today is Day 7 and I'm relieved to say there are no flies in the house.... Thank God. Yesterday when I got home there were 7 flies lying dead on the floor.. Most of them were close to the sliding the door, the rest were scattered. I thought to respray the sliding door with Raid since most of them appear to die close to the sliding door, and when Jason moved the blinds we all of a sudden saw 13 MORE dead flies on the ground!!!! Total of 20 freakin FLIES!!! WTH? So lets count:
Day 1 - 20+
Day 2 - 10+
Day 3 - 10+
Day 4 - 10+
Day 5 - 10+
Day 6 - 20+

Total of AT LEAST 80 flies... OH.... MY..... LORD. And STILL, I have no idea where they are coming from. There are no cracks in my house... And I keep spraying Raid all over... I don't know what the hell is going. What I do know is that today is the first day that I have not seen one single fly dead or flying about... Hope that is a good sign. Let's pray.

the light
Last Friday, I got paid and guess what.... I am debt free!!! Well... with the exception of my mortgage and car note.. BUT other than that, I have no debt!! YAY! I see the light! All the discipline finally paid off! Now, lets see how well I can keep my cc balance low...... wish me luck! It'll be hard!

opportunity
So I declined the opportunity to work at the job that was offered to me. I emailed my colleague and said that even though it would've been a great oppurtunity to work for him and that company, I enjoy working with my current boss and my department and that I wasn't ready to leave... I know I made the right decision... and I'm actually trying to get my old coworker the job! I know people say that the only way to move up is to MOVE... and from what this colleague of mine says, 2 years is a perfect time to make career changes, but I know I'm not ready for it YET... I need at least one more year before I can even think about doing a career move... Hopefully, when I AM ready... there'll be an opportunity for me... We'll see...

stampede
If you haven't heard, there was a stampede in PI when people were trying to get in to the Wowowee show... 70+ killed and at least 300 injured. It is like the only news that is going on in TFC. It is really sad... Apparently it was Wowowee's anniversary and they wanted to have it in a big venue.. Unfortunately, someone thought the gate door was open when it wasn't and when everyone was rushing to get in, it created a stampede... so sad.. The news was just showing dead bodies covered in blankets everywhere.... And you know what.. the only reason why those people were scramming to get in was because they wanted to get money.... It really makes you realize how much poverty there is in the Philippines and the lengths that people will go to to get money to survive... My prayers our out to those who lost a loved one in that tragedy.

tamarine
Yesterday, I had dinner w/ Cil.... and I saw her engagement ring... OH MUN!!! So nice! Hahaha... uuuaaahhh! Anyways, we had our quarterly dinner at Tamarine over in Palo Alto and dude, I swear, it is one of my favorite restaurants... From having dinner there for the 3rd time, I can finally confirm that is in my top 5 of favorite restaurants(although I don't know what else is in my top 5.. hahaha) .... Yesterday we had Ha Long Bay Soup (we both agreed it was our favorite coconut milk type soup EVER) and their salt and pepper calamari.. so delish!! It is a must for those that like vietnamese cuisine.. A possible V-day dinner option????

Miyake's
Today I had Miyake's.. Call me weak, but I had one sake bomb and I was buzzed... Can you say LIGHTWEIGHT? Geez, YOU KNOW I haven't been drinking a lot lately! Whatever happened to the 10 shots that I took in one night? uuaaahh.. hahha.. just kidding... I actually went to a dinner with a friend that I've never hung out with EVER BEFORE.. We know each other through dance classes, but that's it........ It was very cool. It turns out that she knows people that I know.. small world.. but isn't that how it always is when you meet a Filipino friend? They're either related to you or you know the same friends.. no matter where in the world they're from.. hahahahaha....

Speaking of Miyake's... anyone down to party there? hahaha.. it's been a while.. I need to retrain my sake bomb skills.... LOL

door #2
So remember how I said we were going to Supperclub for V-day? Yeah -- scratch that. I was given the option by Jason to do something else on the weekend that required a 4 hour drive and a whole day... It's a surprise.. Who knows what it is.. I could probably look at the Chronicle's pink section or google this weekend's events.. but I'll keep it a surprise.. So yeah, I chose door #2 and opted to be surprised for V-day... I'll let you know what we end up doing.. I guess Supperclub will have to be postponed, AGAIN.

2 comments:

Christine said...

dude, i hella want to try tamarine..i've heard nothing but great reviews...

Anonymous said...

dang, surprise for v-day? hmm, wonder what it could be.