2/24/2006

hella late comment

I know this is hella late, but did anyone watch the Grammys? hahaha.. HELLA LATE. Anyways, Christina Aguilera sang MY SONG, "A Song for You" by Donnie Hathaway... She sang it with some known piano player I think, forgot his name... Anyways, I was just randomly thinking about her performance (maybe because its AI season) and mann, she hella killed the song!! She put waayy too much vibrato in the song.. LIKE OVERKILL.. I mean, I like it when singers do vibrato when they sing, but she was doing TOO MUCH!! Its like not even singing anymore!! I was very upset. Oh well... But you know who sang it REALLY WELL? Crap, I wish I had Tivo then... That one black dude on AI who made it to the Top 24 I think last season..He was like one of the first to get out, and I think he got out with that song... He was short? I think? Forgot his name.. does anyone remember? Anyways, he sang it really GOOD. I mean really good.... I'm going to go on LimeWire and search for versions of that song.. hahaha... I know Buble has a version, but I'm not a fan (too slow)... I hope I can find something good...

2 comments:

valerie aka boski said...

the thought of her singing that song makes me cringe. i know that group city high did a version.

i fell in love with "a song for you" after seeing that movie "disappearing acts". after that i bought a donny hathaway cd and ever since i've been in love with the song "for all we know"... guaranteed teary eyes man

Joy said...

ooooh. cool! thanks for the info.. im so going to download that other song you were talking about... "Disappering Acts"? I'm gonna have to rent that one!!!