1/26/2006

passion

Here's a post from Mark G's blog that I enjoyed reading....

Passion


Sometimes I wonder if my true passion is DANCE... Because if it really is, then why don't I pursue it further? If it really is my passion then why am I not making it my career? And why am I being lazy in taking classes? Maybe because I always feel vulnerable when it comes to trying new things.... I always feel like my height plays a major factor in whether I can make it or not.. For example in NSM, its always hard trying to place me in formations because I'm so short... It works out when there are other short people dancing in the piece but when its just a few dancers (mainly the older dancers) it just does NOT look cute... Just imagine ME dancing next to Corey who is like 6 feet tall... NOT CUTE RIGHT? So yeah, maybe that and the fear of failure plays into why I don't want to pursue DANCE any further than I already have... I'm just a friggin scaredy cat.... OR maybe I have more than one PASSION...I have two... DANCE... and my FAMILY..... Being with family counts as Passion, right? To Be in the presence of family??? That is one thing that I didn't like when I was dancing and performing... the idea of being away from family. I just hated the idea of missing out on events and knowing that everyone was together but me.... I think just being there for my family and one day making a family of my own would make me feel more whole than trying to make it out there DANCING...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out this list of celebrities and their associated heights... most of them dancers. Regardless of their height, they've created their world where they don't let the "outside" dictate what is right... THE WORLD ACCOMODATES TO THEM. You're totally capable of this. Hope it helps.

Halle Berry 5'7"

Angelina Jolie 5'7"

Oprah Winfrey 5'7"

Jennifer Anniston 5'6"

Gwen Stefani 5'6"

Marilyn Monroe 5'5-1/2"

Jennifer Lopez 5'5"

Barbra Streisand 5'4-1/2"

Madonna 5'4"

Britney Spears 5'4"

Shania Twain 5'4"

Janet Jackson 5'4"

Christina Aguilera 5'2"

Shakira 5'2"

From:
members.shaw.ca/harbord/heights3.html

Joy said...

Hahahahaha... OMG! So funny. Thanks for the list of short celebrities...

ONE THING THOUGH... I'm 4'11" !!! Even the shortest celebrity has a few inches on me!

Joy said...

Dang Xtine! OKAY FINE, I'm 4'10.5" !! Hahahahhahahaha... NO really. I am. LOL

Christine said...

you're not 4' 11"...I'm 4'11"... hahahaha..