cousins
OK... so last Saturday I happen to be around a group of teenagers who were just kickin it and since I was just sitting there while Emmalie was asleep on me, I was ear hustlin to what they were talking about. They were all wearing name tags. Two of them were cousins (boy and girl) and the other two were just friends:
Girl Friend: (She looks at the name tags of both the cousins) HEY, are you guys brother and sister?
Girl Cousin and Boy Cousin together: NO! We're cousins
Girl: But you guys have the same last name.....?
Girl Cousin: That's why were cousins!!!
Boy Friend: (just a friend, he was also ear hustlin to their convo) Cousins can also have the same last name you know...
Girl: SOOORRY Mr. Know it ALL.....
When I heard this whole convo... I was like OH HELL NO... and how old do you think she is? SENIOR in Highschool. OH MUN. Isn't it common sense to know that? It made ME start wondering when was it when I realized the fact that cousins can have the same last name or not... OR do you just know it.. I dont think anyone ever educated me on that????
So yeah, I told Jason about this and he was like... "Maybe she doesnt know because she doesnt have cousins.." Which could be very true.... After he made that comment, I then felt bad for thinking that she was MODED... and the fact that she may not have any cousins at all to know that piece of knowledge... HOW SAD... Makes ME realize how fortunate I am to have HELLA cousins and HELLA family.....
1 comment:
Don't feel moded...if this girl doesn't have enough common sense to figure out that 2 people IN THE SAME FAMILY can have the same last name, regardless of being a cousin or not...that girl's an idiot.
Post a Comment