700 Sundays review
I wish this show wasn't leaving S.F. tomorrow because I would recommend everyone to go see it.... I honestly came in to the theater thinkin I was probably going to fall asleep from all the steak and dessert we had prior. I haven't really watched too many Billy Crystal movies, and haven't seen him do stand up either so I wasn't sure if I was going to laugh or be interested. Well, I totally underestimated him. HE WAS GREAT. He basically summarized his whole life into one 3 hour show -- 700 Sundays. He talked about his life at home... his parents... life as a jew... his influence in jazz... life after the death of his parents.... and how he became a comedian. It was a bittersweet story. Very heartfelt. I was laughing hard at some parts and crying hard in others... So many emotions within this 3 hour show. Let me tell you.. Billy Crystal lived an amazing life.. AMAZING.... He witnessed the fusion of black and white jazz musicians, watched his first movie with Billie Holiday, played ball in highschool with Kareem Abdul, opened up for Sammy Davis when he was a kid... just things probably no one would have never realized until watching his show.... He lived a hard life, but he lived it GOOD. Just really makes you appreciate what you have despite whatever hardships you face.. Because like he said, life is like playing cards... its not what you have its how you play 'em.
1 comment:
o man! you cried too? dang..i hella want to see it now..especially after the way you described it! uaghh!
Post a Comment