From Lelit:
Nya's actually been admitted to Standford since last night and not sure yet when she'll be discharged. John's sleeping there w/ her for now and I saw for a little yesterday. She's neutropenic again (meaning her counts are low) and she's got mouth sores all over the inside of her mouth and tonge. It's so luoy (kawawa) to see her in so much pain and you can't do nothin. These sores are side affects of her chemo cause she has so much to take. She's on morphine now and eats through I V needles again cause it's too painful. Her legs and body are in pain again. I wish I could stay w/ her but I have to work. Please pray for her quick recovery.
This sucks dude. HELLA SUCKS. I wish there was something I could do to make it better for Nya and for Lelit and John.... All I can do is be there when they need me and pray for Nya to have a quick recovery. I swear, when I talk to Lelit, it amazes me how much strength she has and also with John. Because Nya, last minute had to be admitted to Stanford, she had to leave work early (from Pleasanton) go all the way to Stanford, see Nya, drop off Jordan at Noi’s (in Concord), go back home, sleep, get to work at 5:30 a.m. and work (while knowing Nya is in pain) and leave work early again to go to Stanford.. How much stress is that? I’m here listening to her on the phone and I just break down (after getting off) at the thought of how much she has to do and at the thought of Nya (who is sooo tiny) can deal with soooo much pain... Just think, you haven’t eaten for 24 hours, your hella hungry, but when you do eat, it hella hurts... That is exactly what Nya is feeling... Anyways, this pain she’s going through is typical for this phase of chemo apparently. It’s the most intense chemo and it lasts for 5 weeks. After that the next phase is maintenance where her chemo is just oral drugs and she’ll start to grow her hair back... So for this whole month she’s basically going to be in major pain... And who knows when she’ll be discharged from Stanford...Can you guys just please please keep her in her prayers.....Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment