10/20/2005

Because I talk about it so much on my blog....

A Song For You
by Donnie Hathaway

Verse 1:
I've been so many places in my life and time
I've sung a lot of songs
I've made some mad rhymes
I've acted out my life in stages
With 10,000 people watching
But we're alone now and I'm singing this song to you

Verse 2:
I know your image of me is what I hoped to be
I treated you unkindly
And darling can't you see
There's no one more important to me
Baby can't you see through me
Cause we we're alone now and I'm singing this song to you

Verse 3:
You taught me precious secrets
Of a true love, you wanted nothing
You came out in front and I was hiding
Now I'm so much better
And if my words don't come together
Listen to the melody
Cuz my love is in there hiding

(Piano Break)

Verse 4: (2x)
I love you in a place where there's no space or time
I love you for my life
Your a friend of mine
And when my life is over
Remember when we were together
We we're alone and I was singing this song to you (repeat last line 2x)

You know how you have those classic songs that you'll forever love, like Ribbon In The Sky or some Luther Vandross, Lionel Richie (Ro! hahah) type song.. Well, this is mine.

Dress Rehearsal
So last night I had dress rehearsal. It was full on make up and everything because the videographer was going to film the pieces up close to try capture things he wouldn’t on the day of the show. I got there at 5 and there were professional hairstylists and make up artists ready to do us UP! It was crazy! One to slick back your hair, one to put your weave on (our hair is in a pony tail), One to do your make up and then Robert walking all over the place touchin people up. WE LOOKED GOOD! They did a really good job. I swear, MAC artists are just hella good with makeup. I wish I could learn their talent and technique. To me, them putting on make up is a form of art. The things they can do are crazy! One day, when I got the time, I’m going to take cosmetology classes. I swear...

So here we are running through the piece I’m in and there’s this camera friggin a foot away from me and you can hear Robert yelling “Put your faces on!! Perform people!” and next thing you know, I forget like 8 counts of the routine and I’m right SMACK DAB in the front!! OMG. I saw Robert’s face so disappointed.. I just got so distracted. I didn’t think that when they said they were going to film that the cameras were going to be right up in front of me!!!! OMG. And then... I almost twisted my ankle going down the floor! So now, my ankle is sore... After that whole incident, towards half of the piece, I kicked a**.. I was probably doing better than I ever did in that piece, but that’s probably cuz I wanted to make up for the first half (there are 3 songs). So yeah, I was (and still am) disappointed in myself. I couldn’t even look at Robert after the piece because I knew he was probably upset.. The perfectionist in him you know....wanting his show to be perfect... I guess I just have to make up for it at the show and in rehearsal this Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG - this is the song that Dahrio and Robert danced to... I hella fell in love with it!