"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." - Buddha
8/04/2005
Expenses
Expenses can be pretty icky when it's between you and your boyfriend. You think everything is all a wash in the end, but in the back of your (at least my) mind, you're thinkin, who's really putting out the money for this and that.... I hate it. Gifts for people, going out, trips, etc. Sometimes I wish Jason and I had a checking account. I don't know why we haven't done one yet.. I guess we're just lazy or we think it might complicate things... and this whole splitting up expenses, I honestly thought it was just me being picky, but I talked to my other girlfriends (who've started living with their men) and they feel the same way. I'm just glad I'm not alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Byron and I talked about getting a joint checking account for the same reason, but I think we decided to hold off until after the wedding (name changes and all).
It sucks, but not much more you can do about it!
OH MUN. So you do you think I should or should not open a checking account with him??? Maybe I should be okay since It'll be while till my name changes!! hahhaha...
I think it's best to have an allotment going to a joint account and still have your own personal account. That way you'll still have money if something happens to the joint acct. What do you think?
That's exactly what I was going to do "anonymous"! Thanks for the advice! I already talked to Jason about it and we were thinkin $100 every paycheck will go this account. This should pay for our dinners together, our trips, and our gifts to people... hopefully!
Post a Comment