7/22/2005

Things that I forgot to mention..

There were a few things I wanted to share from our Europe trip that I didn't get to mention through our pictures:

1. Getting to know and see my Aunts and Uncles, most especially my Uncle Carlos and Auntie Mely. They are the coolest parents. One night, Me, Jason, Marites and Auntie Mely went out to eat late at night because we were so hungry after watching Moulin Rouge (everyone else was lazy to go out). Well, we had dinner at Hippopatamus and we had such a great time. We asked Auntie Mely so many questions about their nursing class, like who was the wild one, who had hella boyfriends, who was the smart one, the shy one, the class clown. It was fun. I'm also glad that everyone got to meet Jason because that's the side of family friends that he's never met and gotten to know.

2. Switzerland. I probably could've shown you a picture of this, but what tripped me out were all the homes that had shutters and flowers hanging in the windows. I know this may sound like nothing, but it was beautiful. It really makes me want shutters and flowers hanging from my window. It was just the fact that these locals, even though they're homes were old, they managed to spruce it up with beautiful flowers. I loved it. And of course, my mom loved it. You know how she is with flowers.

3. SHOPPING. OMG. I did a lot of shopping. More in London than anywhere. and I LOVE LONDON! It's totally like NYC, but I think waaaay better. They have lots of shopping, broadway musicals, a great subway system.. It's great! Despite all the terror attacks, I SILL want to go back. I could easily spend a week there. EASILY.

**OMG. Alt + TAB. Alt + TAB. The Director of Corporate Compliance just came over to talk to me. MODED. And I was on blog. He's the one who makes sure we are not abusing our internet usage. MODED.***

Anyways, the 2 stores that I fell in love with are Top Shop and Miss Selfridge. OMG. I went to these stores and fell in love. Top Shop especially. Top Shop is 4 floors of trendy stuff for both men and women and one floor I swear is dedicated to accessories.. DAYAM! I went in that store and was soo overwhelmed. It would literally take you a whole day, 24 freakin hours, to shop at that store. It felt like Disneyland to me!! Hahahaha.... And then of course, J and I went to every H&M and Zara in every city we went to. We probably hit up at least 10 Zaras. Too bad they don't have one of those in the bay. I bought so much stuff:

1 Jacket
2 skirts
1 capri pants
4 shawls
2 bags
2 shoes
6 tops
2 necklaces
5 earrings
5 bracelets
and not to mention all my other souvineres....

Can you say INSANE? Jason went crazy too. I love that we can shop together. Get into a store, seperate, and meet back in an hour. That's how it was every time we shopped.

4. Going back. The next time I plan on going to Europe, I definitely want to go back to London and Paris. London to shop and Paris because there were so many other places that we didn't get a chance to see. For example, we didn't get a chance to see Sacre Cour or St. Chapelle. Plus I want to go back to the Louvre. When we do go back though, I want to go to Florence and Spain. I can't wait to go back. It is sooo worth what we spent.

1 comment:

dawn marie said...

Dang, I wish I could go crazy shopping like that with Byron...he's such a cheapo.

Beautiful Pics by the way! Can't wait 'til next week!