Yay! Last night Jason bought tickets to the New Edition/Brian Mcknight concert in Oakland.. Whoohoo!! Of course we can't miss Brian Mcknight!! Hahaha... I know.. some people wonder why me and Jason are so hype when it comes to Brian Mcknight... Honestly, he may not appear to be talented on the radio or on CD, but let me tell you, he is freakin MULTI talented!!! His range of vocals are so wide and he plays every instrument possible AND sings at the same time... I love singers that can do both.. That, I swear is real talent.... Anyways, I love going to his concerts just to hear him play the piano and sing.. It's the best part... or play guitar and sing.. I can't wait... Me and Jason have been going to Brian Mcknight concerts non stop.. There are two things we don't miss every year.. for him it's Brian Mcknight and for me it's Ailey. But yeah - I think ever since back in college we've been going to his concerts and we've never stopped. It all started on one school day, me and J noticed there were Brian Mcknight fliers on campus.. We were fans but not BIG fans, and since we had nothing to do that day we thought we could try and get tickets at the door... Well, fortunately, some guy was trying to sell his tickets for $30 a piece and we bought them! It turned out his date flaked on him and he just wanted to get rid of his tickets.. Well, luck was on our side because they turned out to be in the fifth row right in the front! We paid half the price for the tickets!! After that night, we were so hype with Brian Mcknight and that's how it all began... hahahaha...
Anyways, I had dance class yesterday. I finally had someone to go with .. Lani. Hopefully me and Lani can make this a weekly thing.. we'll see.. I had so much fun. I really do miss dancing but I think I like just taking classes.. When dancing involves me having to commute to Oakland 3-4 times a week, that's when I get irritated and start not liking dance anymore.. I know, it sounds like I'm not big on commitment.. Really it's not that.. When I commit to something, I COMMIT to something. I don't back out or flake on rehearsals. I just hate having to miss out on events like get togethers with friends and family and/or just having a weekend or day to myself.. It's all good though. I do love performing and dancing so I guess in the end it makes it all worth it...
Xtine said to me one day that I was such a different person on stage and I never thought of it that way... I really do love dancing especially on stage because I AM such a different person. I bring out a character that no one normally sees. It's really cool. You really just focus in on what you're trying to portray and represent as a dancer.. Trust me, it sounds OA and impossible considering that most of my pieces are hip hop.. but the great part with NSM is that there is so much character in their dancing that probably a majority of what brings out the piece is more your face and character than the choreography.. Anyone can do the steps and the 5 counts of 8, but its really how you perform and present the material.. uuuaaahh! Hahaha.. hella technical.. Anyways, happy Wednesday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment