We finally have the interior of our house painted and the popcorn finally taken out..... The only thing is, I'm not so sure I'm in LOVE with the color I chose... OH MUN. Regrets. LOL. Actually I do like the paint, in some rooms... It's so weird. It's all one color, but because the house gets so much light, some areas make the color look different than others... For example, I like the paint in the kitchen and formal living room, but not so much in the dining room and family room.... I like the paint in the two small bedrooms and not so much in the master bedroom... OH MUN! And they're all the same color - taupe!! GEEZ. ALSO, I like the color best in all the rooms when it's evening time, hahahahaha. I've actually been kinda sad about the paint choice, but every evening when we visit the place, it doesn't look sooo bad... Maybe it's cuz we're only seeing it during the evening... Hahahaha... UGH. OH well... I'm sure it'll be fine once we put furniture in and once we put new white baseboards and maybe put some crown molding.... I KNOW for sure that the color looks really good against white and I think that's why I like the color in our kitchen (cabinets are white) the most...
Aside from the color, the paint job wasn't done GREAT... Actually, we complained and so the guy is coming back on Tuesday to redo some of the edges. I guess that's what we get for going with someone cheap, but STILL, when you hire a professional, you expect to get good work... I mean, it's decent.. it's just not perfect...And the thing is, the color is dark so any mistake is hella obvious. Anyway, Jason is going to touch up some spots and the guy will be back to fix up some areas, too.... Whatever. Hopefully when we have the time and the money, we can get crown molding and that'll cover all the F-ups, Hahahahaha.....
UGH!! Decisions, decisions.... Now, we gotta get the carpet installed... We finally picked the carpet, but frikkin A, it's not available until the 28th which means we wouldn't be able to get it installed until the 3rd.. UGH!!! We want to move in already!! Anyway, we're going to check out some other carpet options that are available but if there aren't any other ones that we like, we'll just wait.. At least we can move in all the downstairs stuff, which is better than nothing.
Dang mann, I don't think we'll get settled into our place until mid August... That's more than a month from now!! MUN!
No comments:
Post a Comment