The most awkward question for me to answer or statement that I've gotten since being pregnant is "Are your parents excited?" or "Your parents must be excited"... I think EVERYONE has asked me that, and the truth is, my parent's reaction to us having a baby was a complete opposite of Jason's mom's reaction on the video.... I mean, I know they're happy, but I don't know... I guess, they just don't know how to show emotion. THAT, or they're just shit scared about me taking another step into adulthood.... It's just soooo weird......I mean, I think we got a better and bigger reaction when we told them we got a house! GEEZ! Even when we told them that we were having a boy, my Dad was like "Ohhhhh..." like it was whatever... My mom had a better reaction... but since those two announcements, I've had no conversations about my pregnancy with my parents..... frikkin WEIRD ....Well, there was this one time when I was talking to my Mom when she was in PI and she actually asked how the baby was and if I felt him move and seriously, I was caught off guard... I totally did not expect for her to ask about the baby and so we talked for a bit. That's it .... And since they've been back, it's almost as if in their eyes, I'm not pregnant at all ..... Kinda sad, right? Yeah, it is... and at first it made me sad .... but the only thing that keeps me from breaking down is the hope that when our baby boy is born, their reaction will totally be different and it will be reality to them that they finally have a Grandson. Let's just hope....
I'm just thankful for all our friends and family that have been so excited and so supportive of us....Sometimes I think it's kinda sad to see my Aunts and Uncles be more excited than my parents. Like one time, they were all talking in a circle with my mom there and my Uncle announces us having a boy... MY UNCLE announces it before MY MOM does! WTH? You'd think she'd be excited to spread the news first! Frikkin when we told Jason's parents, the news spread like wildfire! LOL... MUN. Oh well... I'm just totally appreciative of all my Aunts and Uncles being happy for us because it totally offsets the reaction (or shall I say NON-reaction) that I've been getting from my parents.
Hopefully it'll get better.... we'll see....
6 comments:
B's parents were like that too and honestly, i think you're parents are still coming to terms with the fact that you aren't a baby anymore ;)
don't worry though...when he comes, you won't be able to peel them off of him!
They're just not very emotional dude. Like when I told them I was going to propose to you, they were like "Um...ok. Did you eat yet?". I'm sure they're excited though...
awww..it is kinda sad...even though my baby's only going to have a grandma i love that she's super excited, i would feel sad without that too......but i'm SURE your parets are excited...it's just withdrawal...like hard core withdrawal even after your married and have BEEN moved out withdrawal... when the baby comes they'll finally release the hold they have over you and suffocate your son....haha...in a good way of course!
=(
Congratulations on the baby!! My parents were like that with our second child. When we told our parents we were having another one, they just said "Oh, as long as you can afford it.." No congrats or anything.
Post a Comment