1/12/2009

The Weekend and Random Thoughts...

Paddy's
Saturday morning I had coffee with Cecilia at Paddy's. It was my first time there and so I was amazed that Union City (of all places) had such a cute coffeehouse!! I LOVED IT!!! The owner was super nice and their vanilla lattes are YUM!!! What a great local coffeehouse to go to, especially on Saturday morning when they have farmer's market..... I'm definitely going to be a regular there!! OH! I also got a bouquet of flowers at the farmer's market for freakin $3!!! HELLA cheap! I can't believe I was spending double the price (or more) at the stores.... I'm going to get my flowers here from now on!!

Going to Paddy's has inspired me to find a cute local coffeeshop by my place... Let me know if you have suggestions!

Xmas with the Fellas
We had a late a** Xmas party with the Fellas.... We played white elephant for real gifts and unwanted gifts and I got an 8-ball (as an unwanted) and a giftcard to Red Robin!! SCORE!! We also played (aside from Jenga and LCR) Phase 10... Just the girls... It was a looooong game, but it was HECCA fun! We played with money the second time around, only for $4, and Lani won!! Maybe we can make it our game to play for when the guys play poker!! It can be our girl thing... I'm sure the guys will be happy with that... haha.. No more falling asleep while the guys play till freakin 5 in the morning, LOL.

Mass

On Saturday we had mass at my Aunts and Father Corso said in his homily that JOY stood for Jesus, Others & You... You should put Jesus before you and Others before You and that is how you will have JOY in your life... I thought that was a nice acronym and good words to live by.....

Sleepover
A week ago, Emmalie and AJ slept over. When we put them to bed, Emmalie asked if we could pray, so we all prayed together.... it was soooooo cute because when it was Emmalie's turn to say a few words, her prayer was "Thank you Jesus for the trees and the birds... and for making the world beautiful..." something like that.... haha. IT WAS SOOOO CUTE. It just made my heart melt.... She also said a little prayer yesterday before we ate.. it was short, but sooo cute. I love her little creative prayers!!!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Paddys is a good coffee shop. I used to go there for my study groups.It has that old town feel when I go there.