12/04/2008

Illinois

Highlights from our trip to Illinois:

Borinquen Lounge

I had Puerto Rican food for the first time and OH MUN was it off the hook HELLA GOOD. I had a Bistec Jibarito which was basically a sandwich, but instead of bread, they used plantain bananas. Imagine a big banana chip as your bread. When Rowena told me about this place and their jibaritos, it was hard to imagine what the taste would be like cuz I always thought of plantains as sweet, but it is FREAKIN GOOD. UGGH. Gosh. I wish we had a Puerto Rican restaurant close by our house. I would have that at least once a week.

Wild Card attendance

We got to hang out with Jericho over our Thanksgiving vacation. He came through to our family party and then we hung out again at some "hipster" bar on Saturday. Ooooh! And I had TBK (Taco Burrito King) for the first time! It was OK. Doesn't beat Los Gallos that's for sure, but it was enough to satisfy a late night appetite!




Laila

Got to see my Goddaughter and the rest of my nieces =) Laila is freakin CAH-YUTE. I can't wait till they all get here for Xmas... To have all of them under one roof for the holidays - AJ, Emmalie, Abby, Maddie, Laila... OH MUN. CHAOS. But it'll be fun!






Garrett's Popcorn



We FINALLY got to try Garret's popcorn. I never knew what the hype was all about with this mix of caramel and cheese popcorn until NOW. OH. MY. GAWD. It is freakin DELICIOUS. It is a MUST TASTE if you go to Chicago (or where ever else they sell it... I think NYC, too?) And you HAVE to get THE MIX. I know it's wierd - mixing caramel and cheese - but trust me, you won't regret it!! YUMMMM!!!


Snow


I saw falling snow for the first time! It was AWESOME!!!! What a great way to start the Christmas holiday =) It was also freakin HELLLLA cold! I think the lowest we ever hit while we were there was 23 degrees. MUN. At one point, I seriously thought my fingers were gonna fall off. I have a deeper appreciation of the good weather we have here!










It was an awesome Thanksgiving vacation. Maybe we'll make it a tradition!?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

los gallos IS the bomb. i have been thinking of the burritos a lot lately.