8/13/2008

LAMB

LAMB - The fifth gospel according to Biff (Jesus' best friend)

Finally. It took me 1.5 months to finish, but I finally did it. Even though it took me longer than normal to finish this book, it was really good; just not suspenseful. Maybe it was cuz I knew what the ending was going to be about?! I don't know... Everytime I read it I always caught myself laughing inside...EVERYTIME. There were just some retarded moments.... and just reading about Jesus a.k.a. Joshua and how he was practically like a normal kid, up to the point when he realized what he needed to do to become a Messiah... The writing is great and the book is full of adventure as Joshua finds his quest to figure out what his purpose is in life as the Son of God... As he's finding out, he realizes he can heal people, walk on water... and all the while, he has his bestfriend, Biff, who is totally opposite from him but is freakin by his side till the very end... The ending is good... SAD cuz of course we know what happened to Jesus, but still good...

I just thought it was such a CREATIVE story... Christopher Moore has a wild imagination.. and WOW, to incorporate actual parables and readings from the bible makes it that much more interesting... It makes me want to read the bible more!!!

Anyway, if you don't think you'll get offended, this book is a GREAT read....

No comments: