7/07/2008

La La La La Laaaaaa

For my Great-Uncle's birthday who turned 100 this year on July 4th, I was asked to sing... Normally, my quick answer would've been "uhh... NO!" but because I rarely get asked to sing at 100 year old birthday parties, I just couldn't refuse. So, the night before the party, I practiced singing with my Uncles while they played their instruments... We were our own little band!! It was awesome!!! It was a 5 hour practice since they were learning how to play my songs for the freakin first time (MUN! Hella last minute requests!), but it was cool to see them figure it out just by EAR, and just by me singing... no tape, no notes..NOTHING. It was Uncle Anthony on piano, Uncle George on bass/electric guitar??, Ninong Freddie on guitar, and Uncle Jun (I think that's his name? hahaha.. It's really my cousin's Uncle) on drums... By the end of the night... we were like 75% confident that we were gonna be fine the next day.

Well, the next day came and the confidence went down to 50%. Hahahaha... Freakin every hour, Uncle Anthony came up to me, asking me to sing the first verse of each song (only 2). I thought he was joking, but he wasn't... I was like "Are you serious?" OH MUN!! Hella got ME all nervous!! And then right before I had to sing the 2nd song, Ninong Freddie asked me to sing the first verse in his ear so he could remember what the song sounded like!! WTH?! RIGHT BEFORE I HAD TO SING THE SONG... MUN!!!! Hahaha... Anyway, overall, we did OK... The first song, a visayan song, turned out good... And the second song... bleh.. hahaha.. It was all bad towards the end... But you know what? IT WAS FUN!!! I had so much fun!! Singing with the band was awesome and also not as nerve racking when you're just on stage by yourself. I was just hellla laughing at the end because we sounded MODED but it was all good cuz it was family... I didn't really care what anyone thought at that point cuz it was all good.... It wasn't like I was trying out for AI, hahahaha.

So yeah, fun times with singing with my Uncles.... Apparently, my cousin Derrick and my uncles have jam sessions every once in a while so he's gonna let me know when they get together so I can come through!! Whoohoo!! That'll be fun...

2 comments:

dawn marie said...

that sounded fun! i miss singing with a band...

Jason said...

Good job, Babe!
Journey