7/11/2008

First NSM Meeting

Last Wednesday we had our first meeting for NSM and all we did was talk about the line-up and who wanted to do what piece. We all got a chance to pick what pieces we wanted, and they (Teela and Corey) would later pick two pieces that they felt we had the capability to do...I picked:

Rah Digga -- We performed this piece at Stern Grove, with black one piece Dickie suits... This is actually the first piece I ever saw NSM perform 9 years ago, and I remember watching them, thinking "Oh hell no, I can't dance like that!!" Hahaha... It was just hella ghetto for me! Hahaha.. Then a year or two later of being in the company, they revived the piece and I was picked to do this show at Stern Grove.

Round and Round -- Clown/doll piece. The infamous NSM piece. I picked this one, cuz I highly doubt anyone would be able to fit my costume, BUT ME... dinky ass blue spandex daisy dukes... OH BOY. This is a fun piece though, cuz you really have to get into character.

Great is Thy Mercy -- I had a solo in this piece!! It's a gospel lyrical piece and I LOVE THIS ROUTINE. I'm just not sure I can pull off my solo anymore, so I'm kinda regretting I chose this.... We actually watched this routine during the meeting and when my part came on, I started TEARING!! I don't know what it was.. Maybe because I remembered how powerful the piece was (emotionally) or maybe it was cuz I just missed dancing...Who knows.

Remix Me -- Another Gospel piece. We were dressed in all white. This is also a very tiring piece emotionally and physically. Everytime we performed this, I wanted to yack after...

If you've seen me dance all these routines, you're definitely a FAN and my #1 supporter because I don't think even Jason's seen all of these pieces.. I think the only one he hasn't seen is Rah Digga and I only remember Mark and Archie being there.

Anyway, I feel like I'm in auditions again because they are picking the pieces that they want me to perform in.... Hahaha... I can't wait to see what they've got in store for me!!! OG, I hope I get at least ONE of my choices!!

No comments: