5/15/2008

Lolo Emilio

I have many memories of my Lolo Emilio, but there are always two that seem to stick out in my head everytime I remember him...

1. My Lolo and I used to play Sunca-an together all the time. You know, that game on that long wooden border with 16 holes in it and you put 7 seashells/marbles in each hole except for the ones in the end. I remember we used to play that game all the time and he was no fear... He wasn't the kind of Grandpa that allowed you to win because you were his granddaughter, he played fair and square. So there were times when I won and times when he won. Well, for whatever reason, I guess cuz we were playing hella times in a row and I was losing hella times in a row, I wanted to cry because I was losing... haha. So I went upstairs, got some sunglasses, and put them on and went back down to play with him so he wouldn't see my tears, hahahaha. OH MUN. I don't remember what happened after that, but I'm assuming he let me win. Hahaha. He must've thought I was wierd cuz we were indoors playing the game.

2. When I was young, I got this comb that looked like a swiss army knife at first, but when you pressed the button, instead of a knife coming out, a comb came out, hahaha (WHY did I own one of these?!?). Anyway, I remember him liking this gadget so when we were sending him off to PI, I gave it to him and said "Here Lolo, you could have it" and at the time he literally couldn't speak because he had a hole in his throat from his cancer, so we just communicated by gestures and facial expression and he looked at me as if I gave him a million dollars! Hahaha.. I had to reiterate, that yeah, for sure you can definitely have it. Now that I think about it, it makes me wonder where it is now???? I'll have to look for it when I go back to PI.

Today's his death anniversary... I LOVE YOU LOLO Emilio!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tear!

Anonymous said...

Lolo Emilio said he will give it to you tonight...