
On Saturday, Jason and I walked from Feneuil Hall to North End and happened to pass by their Farmer's Market. At every stall, they were selling these blood oranges. One of the stalls had one cut up and it was hella RED inside! We'd never seen anything like it, so we bought one to try it out. They were only 5 for a $1 so why not, right? Well, it must be a tourist trap to buy those oranges because we went home, tried it and ELGH, it was not good... It was dry and it was very bland. We got MODED.
The Garment District


On Sunday, after church, we decided to go to the Garment District. We heard about it through our Frommer's book and it was basically the place to go for vintage clothing... In my mind, I'm thinking "Oh, okay... Boston's version of Crossroads or Buffalo Exchange." In the description, it also talked about how all the clothes, etc. on the first floor were a $1.50 a pound.. WTH?! When I heard that I was like "who ever sells clothes at a pound?...how interesting.." So we yelped about it just to see if it was cool or not... There was a mix of reviews.. with one saying that the first floor looked like it was an explosion of homeless people.. and DUDE, was that description exactamundo, hahahaha. MUN. It was INSANE.... and Nasty..All the clothes on the first floor were literally ON THE FIRST FLOOR! People had to step on clothes to find what they wanted.. Some lady even had her baby lying on the pile of clothes!!! WTH?! So yeah, we definitely did not buy anything on the first floor... 2nd floor was OK.. Crossroads is WAY BETTER...
So anyway, those were two wierd experiences for me at Boston.. Going to the Garment District and trying a nasty ass orange, hahaha.... On the positive side of the trip, we ate some really good food.... got to see Feneuil Hall and hella went shopping. I've never spent so much time at Urban Outfitters in ONE weekend. They had them EVERYWHERE! I just LOVE that store!!! Oh and getting around using the T... It was awesome trying to be a local and figuring out how to take the T everywhere! It saved us A LOT OF MONEY not getting a rental car.
Would I ever visit again? Probably not. But am I glad I got to experience Boston? Heck yah!
Next Bday Trip?????? Hmm...... Miami? Texas?... We'll just have to wait and see for my big 3-0...
2 comments:
OMG that garment district is hella crazy!
you should go to Miami (but not in November because it's ugly)
damn dude, the blood orange looks like the whole thing is moldy.
Post a Comment