9/20/2007

Schmoozing

Tonight I had to go to some dinner meeting... I wasn't looking forward to it and I was beginning to regret that I even volunteered to go. BUT... I knew it was going to be good for networking purposes AND it sounded like it would be a good presentation. It's basically a dinner where this association I'm in brings in speakers to discuss current healthcare topics over dinner. It usually comprises of people in all different aspects of healthcare - from people like doctors to people who are in my industry... Usually I don't see anyone I know or am interested in meeting so it makes it boring, but this time it wasn't as bad... Thank God... The presentation was great. We had speakers that were lobbyists who talked about how healthcare bills get passed and they talked about the governer's proposal on healthcare reform... And surprisingly I got to see a few of my counterparts and colleagues and met some old coworkers who are now good friends of mine. So yeah - I guess it wasn't so bad after all! I was hella stressin over nothing, cuz for a minute I was thinking I should just kick it in the bathroom before the dinner would start so I wouldn't have to force myself to mingle during cocktails.. Hahahah...I'm so lame. I need to seriously MAN UP... In a woman way. hehehe..

No comments: